Are you writing a book?
High fives + deep bows.
That's the hard bit done.
Now, the next step is to make it as readable and as sell-able as you possibly can. If you're self-publishing, this is an absolute, non-negotiable necessity. You may not have the marketing budget of a big publishing house, but your book can still have exactly the same impact if you invest in the editing process. The average person buys five books a year so you NEED to make sure your book is one of them.
FYI: I’m clearly NOT the average person, I’ve been known to buy five books in a day!
As your editor, I will work with you to make sure your book is an attractive proposition to agents, publishers and your potential readership.
I will ask you to provide a complete manuscript in a word document via email. I will provide a full red-pen style editorial service consisting of both copy-editing and content development via the word 'track changes' system.
While I’m not the Simon Cowell of book editing, I WILL be honest and truthful. If I think your book/novel is 'beyond saving,' I’ll say so. I want you to succeed.
I'll then return the edited manuscript to you.
Once you’ve made any changes/additions to the manuscript, you’ll send it back to me and I will provide you with a fully-edited, spell-checked ‘send to print’ manuscript - awesome, huh?
- Over 19 years experience in the Publishing and PR industry.
- Freelance editor who has worked on titles for Penguin, Parragon, HarperCollins, O Books.
- Written for, and edited magazines both here and in the US.
- I have written the 10 book Lola Love series of self-esteem books for teen girls published by HarperCollins.
- Written over 18 books as a writer-for-hire ranging from children’s fiction and annuals to self-help and personal development books.
- I'm an author myself, having recently written best selling books Love Your Lady Landscape + WITCH for Hay House.
To hire me as your editor, fill in the contact form below telling me some details about you and the project.
Anything over this = seriously? Are you writing Lord of The Rings?
If you have any questions to ask me (and you absolutely should before handing your book over) I'll be happy to answer them.