Strawberry Sunday - my rampage o' appreciation
What are your strawberries?
You know those moments of total, bliss-kissed happy stuff that make you glad to be alive? My gorgeous gal-pal is currently on a course right now, and had to do this for her homework - pinpoint her strawberries - so, I'm 'borrowing' it for a new feature I'm going to imaginatively call, Strawberry Sunday - where we all get the chance to show a li'l bit o' love and gratitude for the bliss-kissed moments o' the past week...
Here are mine...
1. "...The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return..." This is a quote from my most favourite movie of all time, Moulin Rouge and anyone who knows me, knows how much I love the concept of love - I am truly obsesso with all things romantical - but to actually open your heart and love without limits, silly questions, fears and obstacles? That's magickal. Then, to allow the love-stuff to flow right back atcha? Well, that's just freakin' awesome.
I'm in love. Can you tell?
2. Realising that making a new home doesn't have to be stressy and that buying a sofa is actually fun - who knew?
3. Having best friends who truly get me - who understand my need for cave time, who let me wear my slankie on their sofa and give me virtual hugs and love when I absolutely need it, and jeez Louise, did I need that this week. I know I bang on about how cool and amazing my friends are, but when they're really as cool and amazing as mine, you'd totally understand.
4. Writing in pen and ink - I am incredibly old-school when it comes to the written word and love nothing more than hand writing notes, journal entries and letters, so I have been writing with both a feather and a glass quill this week - if it's wrong that stationery gives me such pleasure, then quite frankly, I don't want to be right.
5. A new moon - a new moon holds possibility, opportunity, the chance to begin again and to start a new, it also leads up to a full moon, the most beautiful mesmerising sight you ever did see...
6. I've been working with the Os rune over the festive period - my beau is running a rune course (for deets of his next course, check out his blog) and Os is the God Wodin's rune - it's about raising your spiritual consciousness through sacrifice - I'm just really appreciative for the course and for the ability to explore different parts of me using a different magickal medium.
What are your Sunday Strawberries? Care to share?